gives up and draws roxy; its been a while
Recently someone sent an ask on my sorta dead Ask Roxy! blog and it was along the lines of:
This makes me kind of sad. That’s just taking Roxy’s love for him for granted. I think that is the main thing here is that in the first place, Dirk being “gay” isn’t even a factor. I put quotes because it’s a whole ‘nother story for us to discuss.
Roxy fell in love with Dirk because he is Dirk, however through the years that she kept on flirting with him and showering him with affection - he just side-stepped away from all that. By then, Roxy must be feeling kind of pathetic that no matter what she does, he will never return the feelings for her. Deep in her heart, she still had that tiny hope, yet barely visible, that she might still have a chance on him if only she pursued harder. The only result she had was Dirk avoiding it even further.
After she learned that Dirk had his sights on Jake. It wasn’t distress, it wasn’t “dang hes gay now whut” that she felt - it was more of a realization that she was never his first choice and that she should support his happiness instead. I am not sure if any of you can relate to this, but I do. And I know that if I were in Roxy’s position during that time, I would be feeling pretty damn down in the dumps - not because she learned that Dirk was “gay”, but because he likes another person and not her. Yet, being the supportive friend that she is, she still lent him her help anyways like a fool. And even though she slyly urged Jane to work on her own romance with Jake, I can assure you that her intentions were good - even if a small portion of it was out of her own selfish thinking. It didn’t work out anyways. When Dirk and Jake hooked up, Roxy was there for everyone - always putting her own needs and wants for last.
So anon, even if Dirk wasn’t “gay” and, let’s just say, fell in love with Jane instead - it wouldn’t change a damn thing. Roxy still would’ve been heartbroken and she still would’ve supported him in his relationship. That moment where she called him “gay” was only told out of frustration and anger towards herself. She wanted to put a blame on something. Asking Roxy what she would do if Dirk wasn’t “gay” is simply implying that you’re urging her to illicit Dirk into an affair - completely ignoring her best friends’ positions and disrespecting them - and I don’t think that is how Roxy’s character works.
This rant doesn’t only target DirkRoxy shippers but for everyone. Conceptualizing Dirk’s character as only being “gay” is utter bullshit because he is much more than that. Simplifying Roxy’s frustration towards her heartbreak and blaming it on “Dirk being gay” is also bullshit. Sure, her feelings might not have been reciprocated, but one thing for sure is that both of them love each other - certainly not in a shallow and superficial manner - and it’s too bad for you if you missed that. Honestly, …I am kind of disappointed in you anon.
Now, let’s all sip some tea and continue with your blogging.
TG: love is a brutal shitninja w/ turds 4 nunchucks
I know she said nunchucks, I thought he’d also use them for throwing. Casually elaborates Roxy’s joke about her love life. Sigh.
I don’t wanna get into a long winded argument over this so I’ll just say what I have to say.
Dirk himself said that he doesn’t give a shit about labels and that the term “gay” is old as fuck. It doesn’t matter if he canonically likes dicks, if the dude doesn’t want to put a label on it, then let us not.
Fandom, why do you feel the need to put a label on everything?
Let us back track. Rose and Dave are Dirk and Roxy’s ectobabies, as well as John and Jade are Jane and Jake’s. Now your question, if I’m not mistaken, is that if the Alpha guardians are also related.
- The Alpha guardians are obviously related to the Alpha kids genetically - but not as parents - but still as the Alpha kids’ children. In simpler words, THE SCRATCH NEVER CHANGED THEIR GENES, ONLY THEIR ROLES. (See Fig. A and Fig. B)
- That is really all there is to it, anon.
- Oh and also I guess, pro-tip for everybody: DON’T SIMPLY THINK THAT THE ALPHA SESSION AND THE BETA SESSION MIRROR EACH OTHER OVER EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT ISN’T. The plot is much deeper than that and it peeves me that a lot of fans miss the point overall. This is especially directed to the fans that easily jump into conclusions and remains gullable to “omg dirk is gay stop shipping him w hetero ships!” or “hussie!!!!if [insert character here] dies ill stop reading homestuck!!!!” - which, may I say first of all, that is stupid. Come on, every character in Homestuck is dead, half dead, or dying except the motherfucking clown. You’ll only sound like “you skipped to Act 5/6 just to get to the exciting part and ignored the whole contextual plot overall while missing important aspects of the story” to the ones who have re-read Homestuck at least five times and stayed in the fandom for a long time. I’m not being condescending - I appreciate that people ask questions and it’s good that some are asking questions - but, please remember that Homestuck’s plot is more complex than that.
Sorry, last part came out as a rant but that’s just my pet peeve. By the way, I respect the ones who aren’t afraid of asking questions because it just shows that you are willing to learn. (I apologize if I may sound rude sometimes though.) Otherwise, thank you for asking, anon. I hope I made it clear to you.
I can’t kill her.
i cant kill him
Trying to update my commission post.
- Assume that every character ever introduced or will be introduced is either dying, already dead, will die or half dead.
- Even the puppet.
- And the crow.
- And yes, the coffee cup too.
- Also, you have to sell your soul to Hussie in order for your ship to be even remotely canon in a doomed timeline.
Happy New Year!